Aviagen customers engage in hot topics affecting broiler performance
CAMPINAS, Brazil – Aviagen® Latin America recently took an information-packed seminar on the road to bring important broiler management topics to customers throughout Costa Rica. The leading broiler breeding company co-sponsored the tour with Interagro by March 14 at Marriott Courtyard in Alajuela, Costa Rica.
Bringing critical topics to Costa Rican customers
Tour subjects focused on maximizing the genetic potential of Ross® broilers and supporting the health and welfare of Ross birds. The following topics were addressed by top Aviagen and industry experts:
- An introduction and welcome presentation by Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean (CAME).
- Basic concepts for optimal minimum and tunnel ventilation by Joe Lockinger, regional manager, Latin America, Chore Time.
- Key points and application of vaccinations by Rodrigo Espinosa, Aviagen veterinarian for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Importance of a healthy immune system by Francisco Perozo of Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Poultry management to maximize genetic potential, Alvaro Uribe, industry consultant.
- Customers were also given the opportunity to engage with the topics during question and answer sessions.
Opportunity to strengthen relationships and share best practices
Aviagen’s policy is to continually share relevant and up-to-date knowledge and best practices with its customers. The broiler tour in Central America joints a long list of seminars, conferences, schools and trade shows that serve as forums for this information exchange.
“At Aviagen, we create ongoing opportunities to offer the latest management advice and spend quality time with our valued customers. We organized this broiler tour with the idea to help increase customer success and optimize their product performance,” said Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for CAME.
Jorge Amado, head of Aviagen Technical Services for CAME, added, “We enjoyed this series of face-to-face meetings with our Costa Rican customers. The information presented will help them enhance the health and performance of current Ross 308 and Ross 308 AP birds, while at the same time adding value to their bottom line.”