Seminars offered valuable forum for knowledge sharing and relationship building
CAMPINAS, Brazil – Aviagen® Latin America recently hosted two informative seminars for customer IP-CMI Industria Pecuaria, an important broiler producer in Central America.
On March 13, Aviagen welcomed 70 IP-CMI representatives to a seminar in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, which was attended by 70 guests; the same week week on March 16, 60 IP-CMI attendees joined a similar event in San Jose, Costa Rica.
High-priority issues addressed by top experts
The two sessions covered critical topics maximize the genetic potential of Ross® broiler breeding stock and provide the best care for Ross birds.
Critical information was presented by highly knowledgeable experts from Aviagen and the industry, including veterinarians, incubation specialists and flock management. Topics for both seminars included:
- An introduction, welcome and Ross video presentation by Jorge Amado, head of Technical Services for Aviagen in Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean (CAME).
- Concepts for optimal ventilation by Joe Locklinger, regional manager, Latin America, Chore Time.
- Biosecurity for disease prevention by Rodrigo Espinosa, Aviagen veterinarian for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Incubation management by Amado (Costa Rica), and Aline Kuntze, Aviagen global incubation specialist (Honduras).
- Male reproductive management by Amado.
- Female reproductive management by Juan Carlos Velez, technical services manager.
- Best practices for poultry management, Alvaro Uribe, industry consultant.
Opportunity to strengthen relationships and share best practices
“We enjoyed this opportunity to spend time with our highly valued customer IP-CMI, sharing with them topics that will help to grow their success with the superior Ross product performance,” said Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for CAME.
Jorge Amado, head of Aviagen Technical Services for CAME, added, “The seminars presented an ideal occasion to strengthen our great relationship with our IP-CMI customers. We were pleased to offer them our best management advice for optimizing the health, quality and performance of their birds, while at the same time boosting their economic returns.”
“Thanks to Aviagen for a successful seminar in Honduras, which offered useful advice on critical management areas such as incubation and ventilation,” said Sergio Castro, director of IP-CMI operations in Honduras. For Osvaldo Zamora, director of IP-CMI operations in Costa Rica, “We appreciate the insight of skilled experts from Aviagen and the industry, and look forward to applying the knowledge toward enhancing our operations at IP-CMI.”