Customer event in Mexico offered insight to maximize genetic potential of Ross broiler breeding stock
CAMPINAS, Brazil – On April 18 and 19, Aviagen® Latin America hosted a joint seminar with Bachoco, a key poultry producer in Mexico and a valued Aviagen customer of Ross® 308 grandparent (GP) broiler breeding stock.
Welcoming 60 Bachoco customers from 11 different companies, the seminar took place at the Hotel Imperio de Angeles in the city of San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato state, Mexico. Aviagen and Bachoco host the seminar every year to update Bachoco customers on the most recent genetic developments of the Ross 308, as well as the latest management advice for optimizing the performance, health and welfare of these special birds.
Relevant and beneficial topics offered by top experts
Aviagen chose specific topics of relevance to Bachoco customers. The subjects were presented by top Aviagen specialists in their respective fields, including:
- “Current poultry industry trends,” by Juan Diez, business manager for Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean (CAME)
- “Up-to-date advances in Ross genetics,” by Marcos Yamaki, geneticist for Aviagen in United States
- “Maximizing Ross 308 performance” and “Reproductive physiology” by Rodrigo Cisoto, technical services manager for Aviagen in Mexico
- Optimizing female reproductive performance by Juan Carlos Velez, technical services manager for Aviagen in Mexico
- Critical control points in the incubation process by Jorge Amado, head of Technical Services for CAME
Juan Diez, Aviagen business manager for CAME, said he was pleased with the turnout and feedback from the seminar. “Bachoco is a highly important customer for Aviagen, and we always appreciate the opportunity to connect with Bachoco and its customers. This year’s topics were well-received, and our intention is that attendees will apply the information shared toward optimizing the success of their poultry businesses.”
“We would like to thank the Aviagen team for the helpful topics provided by their full team of experts. We’re pleased with the level of information shared, and felt it gave Aviagen a chance to better understand the needs of our Ross 308 customers and equip them with knowledge that will improve their performance and productivity,” said Erick Palma, day-old chick sales manager from Bachoco.